Sunday 11 September 2011

What it looks like in my head

As I have asked my students to purchase fabric that they believe represents them, I too thought I should do the same.  I was at the beloved Emeline & Annabelle's the other day - and Em thought there was one fabric that reminded her of me... and I guessed quite correctly what she thought

Its Jay McCarroll's fabric from the collection Habitat.  Quite apt for what goes on in my head; absolute chaos, in weird inelegant lines, poor digitization resulting in weird pixilation.  I like it, so I bought some in the pink and grey colouration (the shade orange is absolutely horrendous, and is a visual atrocity, which is an assault on my design feelings).  And then I saw this today on Dexigner, highly amusing, and is how I wished the structure of my thoughts were. I will have to badly Photoshop myself in sometime in the near future, and pretend I have great structure and foresight, if only through wishful thinking.

No comments: