Monday 21 July 2008

Stuff White People Like

Not sure if I've posted on this blog before. I don't know if I like it - basically what I've gotten is that I'm a walking cliche (graduate student in arts, study abroad, green advocate, I run...). And look what they've posted on now! Its something I have an issue with too, but why do we keep sustaining this practice. Luckily my internship pays - in the saddest way possible, working 3 days/we and it not even quite enough to pay my rent, nevermind my expenses - I have another job too (the other 2 days/wk, doing something else within the same place that pays much better). But I doubt I'll even breakeven for the summer. Isn't that sad? I certainly think it is. And what's even sadder, is that I'm one of the lucky ones, most of my peeps are doing unpaid things at the moment. I want to put a little seed out for the creative industries to stop using people - its a horrible practice, and entirely unethical.

No comments: