Monday 10 March 2008

Book Report Time!!!



So, I'm guessing you are surprised at my book choice for review.  No seriousness or huge amounts of data - fiction, and children's fiction at that! But I couldn't resist, The Giving Tree is such a wonderful book on nature, friendship and giving - it just cannot be forgotten!  We use our trees on a daily basis for so many things, and I love how this wonderfully simple story shows a lifecycle of a tree in relation to our own lifecycle.  I'm sure other people have more poignant things to say about this book... but it makes me remember to pause to appreciate everything we take for granted from nature.  Don't forget the trees, they'll be sad and lonely!!!  Thank you Shel Silverstein, for such a wonderful story that I can appreciate even more 20 years on. 

No comments: