Tuesday 26 May 2015

A week late but still here

Currently in Edinburgh, but still around.   I'll be sporadically posting about the last week and things still to come.

As I look back upon this week, it feels more like a lifetime than a week.  I would have to say the punctuation of the week was that of reflection, of both the 6 years that have past but also of a life lived here.  Everyday was completely filled up and now I just hope I can remember enough of it.


I will start with Day 2 – and as I headed to the V&A the first moment I could, I hopped on the tube and headed over there, and I meandered around as always as it is but a place of dreams.  It was very busy, and I enjoyed looking at the new and old displays and found myself flooded with inattention as there as so much to see and comprehend. Looking for the textile study room, I discovered that it has moved to another space further up the road – and is only open on Tuesdays and Fridays by appointment only.  So instead I looked for something to pay attention to specifically, and decided on green glass, for no apparent reason other than it was a collection I could feasibly gather and when surveying the space was neither the most or least common.  So I have made a very long series of images from my mini colour study on green glass in the V&A, pay particular attention to the cow creamer – he is hilarious.  I don’t know if I would have noticed this grouping of objects otherwise, as glass is not where I usually place my attention.




































No comments: