Tuesday 12 May 2015

Day 1 at Smart Fabrics


Well, it was a day.  A great deal of information, but most of all some really great people who are in this 'space' and doing the making in what Wearable will be in the future.  It still seems to be focused on the connection to the 'hard' (watch or phone), with very little discussion about the connection to humanity that is necessary for meaning. (I've placed a page of my questioning notes below if anyone is interested)

We also made some Wearable Tech with the lovely assistance of Margarita Benitez and Markus Vogel of Kent State University and University of Akron respectively.  We hacked the 'TinyScreen' and of course I loved it when the screen would glitch when pulling out the memory card, which is the photo I've added (for scale the image of the screen is about 1 - 1 1/2" on each side).  I did successfully place a video on my screen and play with a little bit of code, but in the same manner I always do - superficially.

Lovely day topped on the Bay with new and old friends chatting about the things that matter in our lives, and to share that connection that is so possible at a place like this.

No comments: